Stay in renovated 1880s built cottages on Tonks Grove, near vibrant Cuba Street, Wellington.
Wellington City Accommodation offers renovated heritage-listed cottages within easy walking distance to all key attractions. The cottages were constructed by Kate Tonks to house workers at the nearby brick factory.
Each original building was constructed in the 1880s and was moved to allow construction of the inner-city bypass in 2005. They now have inside bathrooms, double glazing, wifi and central heating - but retain their historic charm.
Each cottage comprises:
- a Queen bed, with the optional of two additional guests via a double sofa bed;
- A kitchen with a microwave, stovetop, Nespresso machine and dishwasher plus crockery, cutlery and glassware;
- A modern bathroom with a great shower with all linen, towels and toiletries supplied;
- A heat and air conditioning pump and double-glazing;
- A laundry, washer, and dryer;
- Free Wifi; and
- A free single car parking.
A single rollaway bed is available on request through our ‘extras’ booking screen. Pets subject to agreement in advance.
Short stay or long stay. Weekly servicing. Ideal for singles, couples or small family groups.
Checkin 2pm and checkout 10am. Luggage storage-locker is available outside these times.
Visit www.wellingtoncityaccommodation.co.nz for more information and images.
Display image by Wellington City Council, Charles Collins, 2015.
Cottages from $70 per night.